Position: Kitchen Manager
Status: Part-time (30 hrs/wk). Kitchen is open from 7am to 3pm, seven days per week, and we sell food and drinks from 7am until close.
The Dovetail Cafe is hiring a second Kitchen Manager!
The Duluth Folk School is a vibrant and welcoming place where we teach people traditional skills, help develop community, and have fun! The Dovetail Café & Marketplace is an essential part of the Duluth Folk School, and serves as a community gathering spot by serving delightful and delicious food at reasonable prices to neighbors and visitors.
This position will, with full support from the management team, be our second Kitchen Manager, and is responsible for helping manage all food aspects of our independent café and marketplace, and helping to manage our commercial community kitchen. Duties includes costing, inventory, staffing/scheduling, ordering, menu planning, and all other aspects of operating a happy and successful café.
- Must have management experience working in food service operations. Experience in full service coffee shops/cafes a plus!
- Must be knowledgeable about the local food service industry
- Must love working with people
- Must have computer fluency
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to creativity and quality
- Must have demonstrated history of guiding, motivating, and inspiring staff
- Must be strongly committed to working as a team
Working at the Dovetail Cafe will be unlike most other jobs in this industry. In addition to all the regular, cool stuff you’ll be doing as part of your job, you will also have the opportunity to take classes, teach classes, and much more.
Does this sound like you?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org