We are looking for an Events Coordinator/Office Support person to work part time, here at the Duluth Folk School and Dovetail Cafe & Marketplace!
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Position: Events Coordinator/Office Support
Status: Part-time (20 hrs/wk, 9am – 1pm, Mon – Fri)
This position is responsible for planning and organizing events that take place at the Duluth Folk School and Dovetail Cafe & Marketplace, including internal events, catered events and other events. Field emails and phone calls, manage calendars, help customers with catering menus and floor plans, and work closely with folk school and cafe staff to ensure the smooth execution of and transition between events, classes, music, cafe operations, and other activities at the folk school.
Events Coordinator Responsibilities
- Field emails, phone calls, and visits from prospective users of our space
- Arrange details of events, including venue, setup, catering, etc
- Create and manage event room layouts.
- Create and manage set/tech/equipment options
- Work closely with owners, managers and other staff to ensure all relevant details about upcoming events have timely distribution to all departments
- Coordinate with instructors, customers, staff, and others, for event planning, execution, cleanup and debriefing (not expected to be present for all events)
- Create and send invoices to customers
- Create and maintain spreadsheet with details (events, number of attendees, costs, revenues, etc) of events, to be used to create a summary report for each event
Office Support Responsibilities
- Ensure all internal calendars are accurate and up to date with upcoming events
- Help prepare reports, presentations, and data
- Greet clients and visitors as needed.
- Update paperwork, maintain documents and word processing
- Help organize and maintain office common areas
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands
- Manage and maintain files, records, and correspondence for meetings
- Type documents, drafts, and reports
- Purchase, track, and invoice office supplies for each department
- Ensure that Point-of-Sale system (Square) is up to date
- Assist with inventory as needed
- Training/experience in Hospitality Management is preferred, but not required.
- 3 – 5 years of similar experience.
- Must be proficient in use of computers for communications and spreadsheets.
- Experience with Google Drive and WordPress preferred.
The Duluth Folk School and the Dovetail Café & Marketplace embrace diversity, and are equal opportunity employers