Hiring: Office Manager
We’re hiring an office manager!
To apply: please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Tuesday through Saturday, 9am – 1pm.
Paid time off (accrual-based), discounts, flexible, and a crafty-fun work environment.
The Office Manager is an all-around position which responds to phone calls, visits, or emails, helps people with class registrations, and handles a wide range of administrative tasks, while working in a collaborative environment.
We’re looking for someone with great communication skills, patience, an open and engaging demeanor, writing/editing skills, financial literacy, experience with Google Drive, and a willingness to support our goal of handcrafting, building community, and having fun!
Roles and Responsibilities
First point of contact
- Answer inquiries and provide information about the Folk School (in person, via phone, or email).
- Assist with classes and events as needed.
Support the administration of the Duluth Folk School
- Manage common supplies.
- Navigate questions from students, instructors, possible donors.
- Financial functions, including AR/AP, monthly budget, and grants.
Course registration and management
- Manage class waitlist and cancellations.
- Send confirmation and instructions to enrolled students.
- Prepare class rosters for instructors.
- Add classes to internal calendars and registration software.
Marketing and Promotions
- Draft monthly newsletter.
- Schedule posts for social media distribution.
- Respond to inquiries made on social media platforms.
The Duluth Folk School is a welcoming, energetic, and community-focused organization which offers noncompetitive classes, in subjects including a wide range of traditional skills, crafts, and arts.
Does this sound like you?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Duluth Folk School is an equal opportunity employer, and celebrates diversity