The Duluth Folk School is hiring an Events Coordinator!
This position will be responsible for planning and organizing events that take place at the Duluth Folk School and Dovetail Cafe & Marketplace, including internal events, catered events and other events. To do this, the Events Coordinator will field emails and phone calls, manage calendars, help customers with catering menus and floor plans, and work closely with folk school and cafe staff to ensure the smooth execution of and transition between events, classes, music, cafe operations, and other activities at the folk school.
- Field emails, phone calls, and visits from prospective users of our space.
- Arrange details of events, including venue, setup, catering, etc.
- Ensure all internal calendars are accurate and up to date with upcoming events.
- Create and manage event room layouts.
- Create and manage set/tech/equipment options.
- Work closely with owners, managers and other staff to ensure all relevant details about upcoming events have timely distribution to all departments.
- Coordinate with instructors, customers, staff, and others, for event planning, execution, cleanup and debriefing (not expected to be present for all events).
- Create and send invoices to customers.
- Create and maintain spreadsheet with details (events, number of attendees, costs, revenues, etc) of events, to be used to create a summary report for each event.
- Training in Hospitality Management, Public Relations or Marketing is preferred, but not required.
- 3 – 5 years of similar experience.
- Must be proficient in use of computers for communications and spreadsheets.
- Experience with WordPress a plus.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
$12/hr, free meal during shifts, paid time off. You’d be working with an open and supportive group of people, and you’d be helping contribute to building a culture of handcrafting, community, and fun!
15 hours per week, 3 days per week. Flexible weekday hours. No weekends required.