June 15, 2016
- Set up your work so that the piece being cut off can fall away and not bind the saw blade
- Use a guide for your saw’s base plate – this could be a framing square or a homemade jig, so you can follow a straight, square line.
- Stabilize the material with clamps to your saw horses or bench.
- Let the saw do the work – don’t force it through the wood. Work smoothly, using a flow of your arm and upper body.
- Be “in tune” with your saw – know when the saw is fully up to speed (don’t start cutting until it is) and if it starts to get bogged down (back off or stop cutting).