About the “The Friends of the Duluth Folk School”
Who are we?
We bring education to everyone.
Closely linked with the “Duluth Folk School”, the “Friends of the Duluth Folk School” is the 501(c)3 non-profit arm of our beloved Folk School Family. This non-profit organization was created to support the educational and community-building mission of Duluth Folk School in ways that only a non-profit can succeed. We primarily use this arm to write grants, accept donations, and leverage volunteers.
We focus our energy:
- We sponsor local youth programs and camps focused on inspiring interest in handcrafting
- We provide education events to promote arts, craft and trade skills in low-income and neighboring public schools
- We partner with other businesses and organization to organize and promote culture, education and arts events
- We participate and host neighborhood-strengthening events in Lincoln Park and West Duluth
We are supported by funds from:
- Fundraising events like the annual “Tool Swap”
- Grants for cultural, education, and arts goals
- Donations from generous individuals and businesses
How can you help?!
There are a couple ways to get involved and
become part of the folk school family:
We love volunteers! Volunteers are the backbone of every non-profit. Completing the application form means we know you’re interested and can reach out when we need a hand! Use the link below to apply to be a volunteer.
Every mission needs support! While money can’t buy happiness, it makes our events possible! We apply for grants, but a huge part of our support comes from individual contributors that believe in us. Join the ranks of supporters!