- September 17, 2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come on down for the Duluth Folk School’s monthly Open Mic Night, hosted by Duluth musician, Jamie Ness!
For performers, this is a great opportunity to play in front of people, to try out a new song, or to try performing at a different level!
For audience members, this is a great opportunity to support our community of musicians, and to see up and coming new talent before the word gets out!
How to sign up for Open Mic Night:
Show up between 5:30 PM and 6:00 PM sharp, to put your name on the list!
What to expect: A supportive and fun atmosphere to celebrate everyone’s contributions and to welcome new performers.
Who can participate? Pretty much everyone: emerging singer songwriters, solo guitarists, vocalists of all kinds, acoustic groups, Irish fiddlers, jazz trios, or…?
How long is the show? The show starts at 6:00 pm and usually ends by 8:00 pm, depending on the number of performers who sign up. There is no intermission.
How much time per act? Up to 7 minutes, or 1 – 2 songs
Acoustic or electric? This is a folk school, so our preference is for acoustic or lightly amped.
What equipment is provided? We have two mics/stands, powered speakers and monitors, a 5-channel mixer, and cords. If you have your own equipment, the setup will be part of your 7 minutes.
To make Open Mic Night a success for all, we ask that all performers follow these guidelines:
- All ages & abilities welcome
- Respect all performers
- Please defer to the emcee
- Content must be appropriate for all ages
- Performance sets are limited to 7 minutes
- Performers must be prepared when their name is called
- Do not cut into others’ time by not being ready
- Please respect the equipment
- Check with the emcee for when it is ok to plug/un-plug equipment
- Respect performers, no conversations during performances
- Respect the audience
- Stick around to watch other performers
- Have Fun!
Venue: Duluth Folk School
Duluth Folk School
1917 W. Superior St.
Duluth, MN 55806