Guided Nature Hike – Hartley Park
August 13, 2022
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Join us for a guided, interpretive hike through a park or natural area somewhere in or around Duluth. We will explore the natural world, looking for birds, flowers, seasonal changes, and other interesting natural or human-made features. By the end of class, you will have a deeper appreciation of the flora, fauna, geology and history of our region.
Guided Nature Hikes occur monthly, at different locations in and around Duluth.
You should bring…
- Wear comfortable shoes, and dress for the weather – we WILL be outside!
- If you have field guides, bring them along. There’s almost always something to find and identify.
- If you have binoculars, bring them along. Sometimes they can help to identify something a bit further away.
- Feel free to bring a phone or camera to capture memories!
- We love dogs, but please leave your pooch at home.
This class is open for any skill level. Many trails are hilly, and some hiking may be strenuous.
Best for Ages…
13 and older
Registered participants will receive specific directions about where to meet the day before class.
Feedback from Previous Sessions…
“The outdoor guided hike was wonderful, a great excuse to be outside and learning. I appreciated how easy it was to sign up + that the confirmation emails were clear and concise.”
“Bryan is very knowledgeable and tells a good story!”