The Dovetail Cafe & Marketplace, located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Duluth, MN, is looking for a FOH Supervisor to join our team. Our ideal candidate has experience successfully leading teams in this industry, and knows how to balance compassion with business needs.
The Dovetail Cafe & Marketplace operates within the Duluth Folk School, and ‘dovetails’ with Duluth Folk School activities. At the Dovetail Cafe, we serve coffee, tea, beer, wine, soup, sandwiches, sweets, and other culinary delights! The Marketplace is a consignment shop adjacent to the cafe, which sells locally made handcrafted goods. The Community Kitchen is used as cafe prep, a teaching kitchen, and a commercial kitchen.
- Train FOH staff to be even more awesome baristas
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, especially with regard to various types of coffee, tea products, beers, wines, and various types of foods, including (but not limited to) vegan, vegetarian, and GF.
- Schedule in a way that balances staff requests with business needs
- Ensure that all staff has been trained to provide fast, friendly, and accurate service
- Ensure product quality, overall cleanliness, maintenance and security standards are met
- With management support, oversee consignment shop
- Promote and practice safe work habits, and conducts regular safety trainings with staff.
- Model attendance, punctuality, customer service, and attitude standards.
- Oversee and execute effective communication between baristas and kitchen staff to ensure that front of house supplies are fresh, labeled appropriately, and well-stocked. Work with the rest of the team to determine the direction for new seasonal food and beverage offerings.
- Ideal: experience managing independent coffee shops/cafes
- Demonstrated history of guiding, motivating, leading, and inspiring staff in a food service setting
- Previous coffee, beer, and food experience
- Must love working with people
- Must be comfortable with computers
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to quality and creativity
- Must be strongly committed to working as a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The person hired for this position will work 40 hours per week. Pay starts at $13.50/hr, and includes free meals and paid time off.
Does this sound like exactly the job you’ve been looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com